E*TRADE is a discount broker that offers online trading for beginner, intermediate and advanced online traders. The site has beginner instructions that allow new investors to follow a series of simple steps to get their investments started. For experienced investors, there are expert advice, high-level tools and plenty of choices for investment types. For active traders, there are tools to keep their investments growing and keep their knowledge of the markets current.
|Stock Trades||Options Base||Options Contract||Minimum Deposit||Mutual Funds|
|$9.99||$9.99||$0.75||$500.00||$0.00 – $19.99|
Why Trade With E*TRADE?
- Low Trading Fees – Customers can trade stocks or options for $9.99 a trade. Options contracts are just $0.75. There is also a lower-priced deal that is in effect for customers who execute 150 or more trades each quarter. E*TRADE has 30,000 fixed-income securities and bonds that come with no mark ups.
- – Retirement planning comes with a step-by-step planner and retirement counselors that help with the many options available for retirement investing. The retirement specialists offer expert advice for beginners to get started and for those with a current retirement plan to take theirs to the next level.
- Customers can trade online in six markets with E*TRADE. Customer support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so customers with late-night questions about foreign markets can get quick answers.
- Android users can get a free investing app for their Android smartphone. The app allows mobile investing through a mobile-friendly version of the E*TRADE investing platform.
- E*TRADE has gotten four or more stars when rated by Barron’s, SmartMoney and Kiplinger’s Personal Finance. The awards have come for research amenities, customer service and trading tools.
Get a Full Range of Opportunities
The people behind E*TRADE have been helping customers with their investments for 20 years. There are currently more than four million customers with E*TRADE accounts. This has created almost $200 billion in customer assets all over the world. With its financial power and its worldwide customer base, E*TRADE has become one of the powerhouses of the online trading world.
Learning About Investing
Because online trading sites are designed to be largely for self-guided investing, it’s important for customers to have all the recourses they need to make informed decisions about their investments. With the many educational resources that E*TRADE makes available, it is possible to learn more about the markets, how investing works and what types of investing may be right for each customer.
Customers who are busy and have little time for extensive educational materials can use the three-minute videos on the site to learn more about each investment category when they have the time to do so. There are also Web seminars available, and these can either be watched live or on demand through the site’s archives.
Active Trader Tools
For traders who are used to high-volume trading, there are special tools and rates available. For those who make 30 or more trades each quarter, there are professional tools available. The Power E*TRADE Pro 5.0 has a new design that allows customers to see live streaming market info and faster order tickets.