Firstrade is a full-service investment company that offers a number of innovative tools to keep customers connected to their investments and in control of their accounts. For 25 years, Firstrade has assisted customers with their investment goals no matter what level of an investor they happen to be. Beginners can start in the Education section of the website to learn what types of investments may be right for them at their current stage of investing. Experienced investors can start with the site’s trading tools to manage their portfolios and expand into new investment areas when needed.
|Stock Trades||Options Base||Options Contract||Minimum Deposit||Mutual Funds|
|$6.95||$6.95||$0.75||$0.00||$0.00 – $9.95|
Why Customers Choose Firstrade
- Firstrade offers low-cost online trades at just $6.95 per stock or option trade. The site has no transaction fee for mutual funds. It also keeps its costs low on broker-assisted trades, charging $26.95 per assisted stock, option or ETF trade.
- Trades are executed in one second, guaranteed. While some investors worry about lag times in online trading, this is never a concern with Firstrade. The one-second timing is guaranteed by the company.
- Streaming information keeps customers informed about the market in real time. Investors can find out about socks, mutual funds, ETFs and more through the streaming news and quotes tools on the site.
- The site has a number of economic calendars and charts to help investors stay aware of the important events taking place in the market.
- More than 11,000 mutual funds can be traded through Firstrade, as well as stocks, ETFs, treasuries, bonds, options, CDs and agencies. Customers can open and fund Roth IRAs and traditional IRAs.
Investing for Beginners
For those who are just entering the investing world, Firstrade offers favorable terms. The low rates per trade are just part of the story. The company has no minimum amount needed to open a Firstrade account. And if there is no activity on an account for an extended time, there are no fees for inactivity. No matter what the level of activity, there are never any maintenance fees.
The site also offers a comprehensive education area that includes videos and other instant information. It also contains a bookstore for those who want to learn through print books. iPhone users can get a free Firstrade app and have more time to learn about investing and about the site itself.
To keep customers on top of the market anytime it’s needed, Firstrade offers a number of alerts to customers. Firstrade does not recommend watching stocks obsessively and offers to alert you the moment one of the stocks you want to watch has moved. You can get alerts each time you have a stock that changes in percentage if you choose. There are also alerts for the low and high marks of a 52-week cycle and for changes in trading volume.
Investors can choose to receive their alerts through email addresses or directly to a mobile phone. Customize how your alerts reach you as well as which alerts you wish to receive in order to stay informed about your investments in real time.