Owned by Capital One, ShareBuilder is an online trading site that offers simple trading options to customers who want to trade quickly, and without a long learning period or a lot of hassle. The accounts and trading options are created to be easy to understand for new investors, and the rates for each trade are low. Beginning traders find the terms and prices well suited to small trades.
|Stock Trades||Options Base||Options Contract||Minimum Deposit||Mutual Funds|
Why Use ShareBuilder?
- There is no minimum needed to open an account. While many online investment companies have minimum investment amounts required for new customers, which can put investing out of the reach of the small investor, ShareBuilder has none.
- The price to perform a trade is $9.95. This low price makes it possible to do more trades and to do them with a smaller investment account. The lower price also makes it more economical to do trades with small numbers of shares than when fees are higher.
- ShareBuilder can also handle 401(k) rollovers. Customers who have left money in a 401(k) with a former employer can use ShareBuilder to roll those funds into a traditional IRA or a Roth IRA.
- Customers can schedule investments to occur on a regular schedule. Nothing more needs to be done by the customer to keep them going. Customers can choose from between weekly, biweekly or monthly investments, or they can choose single investment transactions.
- It is free to create a ShareBuilder account. Account holders get access to in-depth investment information on the site.
The ShareBuilder website gives investors a broad range of informational topics to study to learn about investing and about the current news in the investing world. Lists of the biggest market movers, top-rated funds and an options calculator are just some of the features available to customers.
Exchange-traded funds are searchable by several criteria, including the dividend yield. Investors can place investments on a watch list in their account and keep them there to research later.
One of the investment types available with ShareBuilder are options. These are investments that have a firm ending date. The site has an educational area that teaches investors about what options are and how to use them to expand investments. Options trading can be done through the site just like the other trading types. For experienced traders, this option gives them an opportunity to earn more by speculating on the changes in specific stock prices.
Trading App for Smartphones
iPhone, Blackbery and Android smartphone users can download a free ShareBuilder app that allows them to invest through ShareBuilder with their phones. The app is available through each device’s app store.
With the free app, investors can check their order status, create new trades and transfer money to their ShareBuilder accounts. Account holders can do investment research through the app or get the latest market updates. With the ease of mobile investing through the app, frequent travelers never have to worry about being near their home or business computers to keep their investments in line.